Friday July 28, 2017
Please register - it only takes 30 seconds.
If you’ve already registered login now.
Terms & Conditions
Registering and/or using the HelpLostPets website indicates that you have read and understood the following terms and conditions. Please do read them as they contain some good advice to keep you and your pet safe.
- We want Help Lost Pets to be a useful mostly-FREE site where pet owners who have lost a pet can find out quickly and easily whether or not someone has found their pet. We also want to help people who have found a pet and want to let the owner know quickly and at no cost. There will always be a few people who try to spoil it for the rest of us. As with any community we must have some basic rules to protect everyone.
- We also want to offer a wider service to pet owners, putting them in touch with companies and individuals that can supply goods and services that will help pets lead a happy and full life and to give pet owners peace of mind.
- Help Lost Pets acts in good faith to bring pet owners and pet finders into electronic contact and to put advertisers and potential customers into contact.
- Help Lost Pets promises NEVER to give away or sell your e-mail address! However, members will be contacted from time-to-time with a newsletter offering special deals for members. Emails will contain brief sponsorship advertisements.
- The very nature of the Internet means Help Lost Pets cannot screen, review or control the people who actively participate on the website. Although Help Lost Pets will refuse services to people who abuse the website, Help Lost Pets has no control over the accuracy of the identity of people who post pets found or lost or other advertisements. Remember that on the internet people can have many e-mail addresses and alias. Consequently, Help Lost Pets does NOT suggest or recommend that you make personal contact with any other person.
- If you decide to meet a person who claims to have found your pet, you agree to take every sensible precaution to ensure that the potential finder is who he/she says they are and that the venue for any meeting is safe. You agree to release Help Lost Pets and its agents, officers, directors and employees from any and all claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, arising from any meeting.
- Help Lost Pets does not verify the accuracy of information and content provided in third-party and advertisers' websites, and providing such information or links should not be construed as support, backing, or other endorsement by Help Lost Pets. You agree that Help Lost Pets is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or obtained through any such other websites. You agree to contact the webmaster of other websites if you are concerned about such links or the content located on such other websites.
- You agree that there is no agency, partnership, joint venture, employer, employee, franchiser or other legal relationship between Help Lost Pets and yourself.
- You agree that Help Lost Pets can refuse its services or participation in the website of anyone at any time and at its sole discretion.
- You agree that Help Lost Pets, at its sole discretion, can suspend, terminate and remove your membership or discussion board postings or advertisements at any time it may deem fit if it reasonably believes that you have engaged in any fraudulent activity in connection with your registration or otherwise with any activity conducted with the website.
- You agree that you will not yourself, nor allow or enable another, to directly or indirectly interfere or attempt to interfere with the operations of the website, the services provided by Help Lost Pets and any activity on the website. You will not take any action, which may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our computing infrastructure.
- You are solely responsible for any information that you provide to us or to any other person during and in the course of any activity conducted with regard to and through the website and the services provided. Help Lost Pets may take any action with respect to such information we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion in order to avoid potential liability, losses or disruption to our services.
- You agree that use of Help Lost Pets services is at your sole risk and that the services are provided on an "as is" and an "as available" basis. Help Lost Pets expressly disclaims all guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including, but without limitation, any implied guarantee of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Help Lost Pets makes no guarantee that the services will meet your requirements, that they will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free. Nor does Help Lost Pets make any guarantee as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the services or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained from the website. Help Lost Pets makes no guarantee that you will find a lost pet or that you will find an owner of a lost pet.
- You agree that any material and/or data downloaded from the website or any services obtained is done at your sole discretion and risk, and that you will be solely responsible for any damage resulting from any such download or use of such information or other related transaction. No advice or information that you may obtain from Help Lost Pets or through the services provided by Help Lost Pets shall create any guarantee.
- If you have a dispute with any other website user, you agree to release Help Lost Pets and its agents, officers, directors and employees from any and all claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, arising from the dispute.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Help Lost Pets (including, its officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives) harmless from any such Claim or Demand, including, without limitation, any claim or demand that may arise from or in connection with, your failure to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- You agree that in no event shall Help Lost Pets be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use, or the inability to use, its services or for costs of procuring substitute services, or resulting from any data, information or services obtained or transactions entered into through or arising from or in connection with the services provided by Help Lost Pets or resulting from unauthorised access to or alteration of transmissions or data, even if Help Lost Pets has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You agree not to use the information contained in, or through the services provided by, the website other than for the purposes stated by this Agreement. Help Lost Pets's trade name, logo, trademark, software, databases, reports, website and information are proprietary, and Help Lost Pets retains all rights, title and interest. Should you respond to the website with information, feedback, data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like regarding the content of the website, you agree that those responses are not confidential and Help Lost Pets is free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute responses to others without limitation. You agree that Help Lost Pets is free to use any ideas, concepts or techniques contained in your response for any purpose whatsoever.
- This Agreement, its terms and conditions, and the relationship between you and Help Lost Pets shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Scotland.
- Help Lost Pets may amend this agreement from time-to-time. When any change is published on the Help Lost Pets website (the website) it takes effect immediately. Please check this agreement from time-to-time for possible changes.
Top of pageBack